Welcome to the Half Moon Bay History Association
Our nonprofit organization was established in 2006 with a mission to educate all as we preserve, honor and celebrate Coastside history.
- We hold free speaker events, open to the public, on a variety of historic topics.
- We provide an education program to every school in the area.
- We’ve developed an oral history program to preserve the stories of local people.
- We’ve identified historic buildings located within our city limits.
- We serve as a resource for anyone with questions about the history of this unique region.
Thanks to a partnership with the City of Half Moon Bay, we welcome visitors to the newly refurbished Jail Museum.
A major project is underway to establish a larger Coastside History Museum in the Johnston Barn behind the jail.
Volunteers and donations to help with our programs and projects are always welcome!